Syracuse Hebrew Day School seeks dynamic and passionate educators to fill occasional absences as Substitute Teachers from K to 5th grade–in both General studies and Judaic Studies. We desire candidates with teaching experience in an elementary school setting. Education degree is preferred.
Substitute teachers will be responsible for:
- Demonstrating an engaging teaching style and strong problem-solving skills
- Managing a classroom effectively
- Communicating effectively with students, other teachers, and the school administration
- Implement a teacher’s plans to achieve lesson goals
- Complying with school policies and procedures
- Active supervision of students, if assigned, during recess and lunch
- Taking attendance and preparing a report for the teacher
Physical Education Teacher
Syracuse Hebrew Day School is seeking a Physical Education Teacher. This part-time position requires a commitment of 7-10 hours per week.
- Position responsibilities include:
- Deliver a well-rounded and age-appropriate physical education curriculum that aligns with state standards through grade-wide physical education classes.
- Instruct and engage students in physical education activities, promoting physical fitness, health, and overall well-being.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment, promoting teamwork, sportsmanship, encouraging students to develop their physical skills while fostering a love for physical activity.
- Create lesson plans that incorporate a variety of activities, games, and exercises to promote physical fitness, motor skills development, coordination, and teamwork.
- Instruct students on proper warm-up exercises, stretching techniques, and safety protocols to prevent injuries during physical activities.
- Organize and supervise various sports and physical education programs, including intramural sports, field days, and school-wide fitness challenges.
- Assess and monitor students’ progress in physical education through observation, participation, achievements, and individualized feedback, including communication with parents and formal report cards.
- Stay updated on the latest developments in physical education practices and safety guidelines to ensure instructional effectiveness and student safety.
- Prepare back-up lesson plans in the event the gym is unable to be utilized.
- Ensure the proper care and maintenance of the physical education cupboard and of gym equipment, ensuring a safe and clean environment for activities.
- Lead structured physical activities during recess as an option for students
The above job description is intended to provide a general overview of the responsibilities required for the position.
The Syracuse Hebrew Day School is a joyful and warm learning environment with a close-knit, collaborative, and diverse community. Students benefit from a rigorous dual-curricular program that also teaches decision-making and social responsibility. Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.